15 Sept 2010

An introduction

First of all, welcome to my blog! It's my first so don't expect any slick operation, this is just me in my living room and my trusty laptop and a handful of html codes. This is going to be a learning experience complete with a steep learning curve no doubt!

I wanted to blog for a few reasons:

Numero Uno - I make jewellery in my spare time and I wanted to write about that, show people what it's all about, where the inspiration comes from and maybe even how I do it.

Second, I enjoy writing and communicating with others. I like to have a good old chat and a blog is somewhere where people can express ideas and promote discussion. I also have a tendancy to ramble on when I get into an interesting subject so if you can bear with me hopefully you'll find something in here that sparks off your own curiousity or gives you inspiration!

Last but not least, I wanted to have something that documents all the creative bits and bobs that I do. I have a full-time non creative job and it can be difficult to remember all the cool, fun, creative things you do and think of when you are sat in front of a computer all day with a pile of paperwork to get through.

So enough of that, what is this all about and where to start???

Well, as you may have gathered, I make jewellery in my spare time. But not your run-of-the-mill pretty diamonds and hearts jewellery, oh no no no, as my shop says I "make jewellery of an unusual nature". At the moment this means I have a collection of jewellery inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration on offer, all skulls and rainbow colours. Shameless plug time: Wanna have a look at this amazing jewellery of which I speak? Visit Deviant Panda for more details! Ha! See how I segued into a link to my shop there? Okay maybe I lied when I said this wasn't going to be a slick operation coz I thought that was pretty slick...seamless you might say! :) But enough shameless plugging! I make jewellery and I love it, ALOT!

I'm currently being inspired by trashy B-movies, schlocky horror films, Voodoo, death rituals (as in the Mexican Day of the Dead), kawaii manga and anime and collectable vinyl figurines.

I'll leave it at that for now as I don't want to bombard anyone with information overload just yet, but in my next post I will be exploring the inspirations behind my current jewellery collection.

DP

No comments:

Post a Comment