10 Oct 2010

Busy Sunday afternoon...

It's been a busy day today, not of making, but of promoting and marketing. I recently won a free advert in Creative Crafting Magazine's Christmas issue! I was absolutely over the moon, I've never won anything before so it was a lovely surprise when I opened up my inbox and I saw the message from Avril and Anna at the magazine.


To get my advert in there I had to send them a 250x250 pixel sized graphic and the website address of my choice. I spent a few hours choosing images and figuring out how I wanted the finished item to look. I used Gimp 2.0 to manipulate the image (Gimp is amazing, a totally free, alternative to Photoshop). In the end I choose this image to link to my folksy page:





I really enjoy graphic design; I studied basic computer aided design briefly at Uni but I'm mainly self taught. I like experimenting and manipulating images, but I find it easy to get sucked into it! I could sit for hours using Gimp!

After finishing my advert I decided to overhaul the front of my folksy shop. When I first started there I didn't realise that the order of the items was dependant on the order that I uploaded them. Apparently Folksy are working on a way to be able to drop and drag your items around, but for now I had to relist them. I don't mind doing that too much and I'm much happier with the way it all looks now. :) Feel free to have a look at the shop and let me know what you think. Now I'm off to bed (it's Monday morning already....oops! :) )

DP

No comments:

Post a Comment